Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8/18/10

5:15: Drinking the Fizz with 1/2 liter of water

8am: Bowl of steamed broccoli with 1/2 oz of extra sharp vintage white cheddar from Tillamook and 5 egg whites (I'm out of avocado...I don' like the cheese as much, but a little bit of fat is necessary for optimal absorption of vitamins and minerals as well as making your meal stay with you. You don't need too much, though...a few grams. In 1/2 ounce of cheese there are about 4.5 grams of fat and 45 calories. I recommend sharp cheeses as they add maximal flavor in very small amounts.

9:30am: Zero calorie Vitamin Water. I have a hard time drinking plain water, but I can drink flavored waters and mineral waters. The Vitamin Water is my new favorite find, as it is lightly sweetened with stevia...a natural sweetener...and has vitamins. You can get them at most stores right now, for about $1.00.

9:45: 45 minutes of PiYo (a Pilates and Yoga fusion...awesome!!!) and 1 hour and 15 minutes of moderate biking. I sprint about 5 minutes toward the end, but I'm dragging a bit today.

11:45: Zero Calorie Vitamin Water

Noon: One stalk of romaine chopped and dressed with the juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp turbinado sugar and sea salt. I top it with 1/4 avocado and 5 egg whites. (I put the egg whites in a bowl and nuke them for two minutes, stirring each 30 seconds. No dirty pan!)
I also eat 1 piece of Pugliese bread with another 1/4 avocado, sprinkled with sea salt.
I'm still craving salt after all the sweating, so I top off my meal with 2 handfuls of organic, trans-fat free microwave popcorn.

3pm: 20 cherries

5pm: Scott comes home and we are both hungry, so we eat an early dinner. I have 6 ounces of chicken breast. I've salted the chicken with sea salt and browned both sides and then dressed it with low-fat lime vinegrette from Newman's Own (I also pour all of the extra oil off of the top before I use this dressing...but it sure is delicious!). I cover the pan and cook on low heat for 5 minutes per side. I slice the chicken, plate it, and pour on the remaining juices from the pan.
In addition to the chicken, I have a large portion of broccoli (dressed with 1 tsp butter and a bit of sea salt) and two pieces of pugliese bread topped with 1/4 avocado.

When I finish dinner I'm still a bit hungry. For dessert, I eat a bowl of Chex topped with 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed (I buy it ground up at Trader Joe's and store it in the freezer), 1 cup of 1% milk and 1 TBSP all-natural peanut butter.

I also eat 1 organic sandwich cookie. They don't have less sugar than the regular kind, but they are trans-fat free, use no corn sweetener, and they truly taste good. That really hits the spot.

8:30: I'll finish my evening with a bunch of liquids. I am drinking diet ginger ale. Not exactly a health food, but we all have out vices!



No comments: