Thursday, August 26, 2010

8/26/10

Welcome to my blog! Below, you will find my food and exercise journal for the day. As you will see, my diet is not perfect. This is real life...crazy mom schedule, hormonal eating and all. In spite of this, I manage to eat in a way that keeps me lean and full of energy for my vigorous daily exercise.

I do not believe that everyone can/should eat exactly like I do. However, you are welcome to take from this blog whatever helps you on your quest to eat better and get in shape. Of course, if you have questions, comments or need clarity, please contact me via e-mail or on my cell phone. 503-709-5811. tetfitness@yahoo.com

Have a happy, healthy day!!!!

7:30am: Zip Fizz (from Costco) with 1 liter of water (10 calories)

8:45: Stretch for 10 minutes.
As for cardio, I have a caloric goal each time I work out. The goal is always the same number, but because some cardio machines read high (elliptical machines) and some read lower (treadmill, stair climber, most high-quality exercise bikes), the amount of time it takes to meet this goal varies from day-to-day. I've been trying to hit my caloric goal on a particular bike in under and hour and today I did it in 58:17...so I'm happy.
For weight training, I did the chest press machine, the rear fly machine, dumbbell bicep curls and dumbbell tricep press-backs for 4 minutes each exercise. (16 minutes of lifting). I stayed with the same exercise for the entire 4 minutes but took very short breaks when absolutely necessary. Fun, fun fun!!!

11:30: Cobb salad at Oswego Grill (my girlfriend's birthday). Dressing on the side (but I didn't use it). I also traded the bacon out for avocado. It had black olives (which I detest, but decided not to pick out), blue cheese and diced turkey. 1/2 salad had about 200 calories without dressing. Plus 1/2 piece of bread with about 1/4 tbsp butter...about another 100 calories (300 total)
I also had 3 glasses of diet Coke. Not healthy at all, but I do love it! I have it when I go out or at parties, but I try not to have it in my house. I can feel the effects of it for days afterward...yuk.

3:30: The other half of the salad.
I also eat 3 (rather large) homemade spelt pancakes (you can request the recipe, if you are interested). These are one of my favorite things and my kids love them. I don't top them with syrup, but I sprinkle a little bit of sugar in them. I've done the math with the ingredients (again, I can e-mail you the details if you are interested) and the total calorie count for my sering is about 930 calories (including the 1/2 cup of 1% milk I use to wash it down).
I really haven't eaten much all day, and I don't feel full when I'm done (but surely not hungry either), and they are full of great fiber and protein...so no worries.

I will have a protein shake (at about 100 calories) before I go to bed...probably around 10pm for another 100 calories.

Today weighs in at about 1740 calories. I haven't been hungry at all (except while I was making the pancakes...which is why I made them...better to eat something healthy and filling and homemade!) I also won't get 10 servings of veggies in today...a goal I try to reach more often than not. The salad had about 3-4 cups of greens and there is a serving of strawberries in the shake, so 4-5 servings is just all right. I'll shoot for more tomorrow!

No comments: