Wednesday, August 25, 2010

8/24/10

I have been posting on the wrong blog for the last few days. I'll figure it out and cut and paste to fill in the blanks. For those of you who have been following the blog, I apologize. I really have been posting every day!

5:15am: Zip Fizz with 1 liter of water (10 calories)

8:30: 1 hour on the elliptical machine at home (Machine says I burn 1000 calories, but it reads 20-30% high, so I estimate I burn 700)

9:30am: 5 egg whites (100 calories)

I had clients this morning and a busy day...I'm not hungry and I'm on the move, so food is not on my mind. I am thirsty, and a bit tired, so I choose liquid and a bit more caffeine.

Noon: Zip Fizz with 1 liter of water (10 calories)

I'm finally back home and I'm starving. I decide to fill up first with some vegetables, protein and healthy fat. I wash it all down with diet ginger ale.

3:30pm: 5 servings of steamed broccoli, 5 egg whites and 1/2 avocado, 1 servings baked chips from Trader Joe's (420 calories)

After my 3:30 meal I feel great and I start on a project. I'm hungry a few hours later. I've had a bunch of veggies and I'm craving some carbs. I get some protein in the yogurt and the milk I have on my cereal, but this is really a pleasure meal and not highly nutritious.

6:30pm: 1 serving Trader Joe's baked salt and vinegar chips, 1 cup vanilla yogurt from Trader Joe's (310 calories)
2 bowls chex cereal, 2 cups of milk, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, 2 tbsp flaxseed (900 calories)
By now I'm in a calorie deficit for the day, so a 900 calorie meal doesn't make me feel groggy, but replenishes me at this point in the day. It will be my last meal of the day. I'll put a little protein and a few carbs in me right before bed with a low-calorie, high protein shake.

10pm: Protein shake (5 strawberries, 1 scoop Trader Joe's Aria protein, pinch of salt, dash of vanilla, handful of ice, 1/8 cup milk, 1/2 cup water) Total of about 100 calories

Total for the day: 1850 calories

No comments: