Monday, August 16, 2010

Commentary on 8/16/10

As for the exercise, I do something different every, single day. I'm trying to keep the blogs short and to-the-point, so if you wish for more details, I'm happy to share.

As for the many, many snacks during the day, I spent the day painting and couldn't be bothered to make a meal. I never eat by the clock, but always by my appetite. When I start to get hungry, I give my body 200-300 calories. My main goal is to get as many fruit and vegetables down the hatch and enough protein to rebuild my muscles after my workouts. I try to eat about 15 grams of protein in at each sitting, as that is all your body can absorb in one sitting.

The food combinations I make are essentially the same each meal: heavy on the veggies and protein, low in carbs, moderate amounts of healthy fats (you can see I'm partial to avocados right now). I like simple and fast most of the time. Mostly, I hate to be hungry. I like the energy and stamina that my diet gives me. Plus, the ingredients I use are fresh and light, and they taste wonderful!

1 comment:

bontovi said...

where do you get hormone free milk? yikes!