Monday, August 30, 2010

8/30/10

5:15am - Zip Fizz with 1 liter of water (10 cal)

8:30am - I am feeling extremely tired and hungry. Sometimes an extra Fizz will work, but I can tell it won't cut it today. I need some calories. It may be hormone-induced, or it could be the change in the weather, but I'm feeling off. The key for me, on these types of days, is to not eat the wrong kinds of foods. What is usually easy, becomes hard when I feel like this. Unfortunately, I'm out of all of the foods I would normally eat. I'll go to the store later, but that doesn't help me right now. I search my cupboard and fridge and decide on the following:

1. 30 green grapes: 100 calories
2. 14 cashews, 20 raisins, 20 almonds, 1 cup of cheerios, 1 cup of corn Chex (mixed): 558 cal.
3. 7 Sun Chips topped with 5 egg whites (cooked)...hey, they taste gross plain and I'm out
of bread, cheese, and vegetables...gotta get the protein down the hatch: 170 calories

9:30am workout: Stretch for 5 minutes, do a pilates/yoga fusion with a friend who is a fantastic teacher! I'm sweating, and tired in every muscle. Since I'm low-energy today, I choose the elliptical machine that reads calories the highest. Now, I know this is true, but on a day that I am not motivated, it helps my morale. Working out is a bunch of mind games...as long as you stay in the game, no worries!!! I finish my calorie goal (easy on this machine) and call it a day!
Maybe something more intense tomorrow? (I burned about 650 calories)

Noon: 1 head of cauliflower, cut and steamed, topped with 1 ounce extra sharp cheddar: 265 cal
1 piece of bread with 1/4 tbsp butter: 125 calories
1/2 cup cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 diced banana and 1/4 packet no-cal sweetener...I
like Stevia: 85 calories

2:30pm - 20 grapes (66 calories)

4pm - Coke Zero (not healthy, but tasty!), 1 cup watermelon (60 calories)

5:30pm - large plate of greens (about 3 cups), topped with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (plain)
We were having vegetarian lasagna for dinner. I don't like pasta, so I ate the
cheese and sauce of one piece of lasagna as a condiment to my salad. I also had
2 pieces of bread with 1/2 tbsp butter. I also topped my salad with 2 servings
of low-fat cottage cheese (650 calories)
After dinner: 1 serving of low-fat cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, 1/2 tsp honey: 150 calories

8:30pm: 1/2 cup no-sugar-added Dryers Ice Cream, 1 TBSP natural peanute butter, 1 TBSP
ground flaxseed, sprinkle of cinnamon, topped with 1 cup Cheerios, 1 cup corn Chex
(I layer this concoction, something like a sundae. It's sweet, crunchy, salty, savory,
has protein and fiber so it's filling...I love it. My family was having lemon meringue
pie, so I needed something!) 440 calories

2,679...high calorie day...but I've been really hungry...again, maybe hormones, but also I had sore muscles over the weekend from a fantastic workout and I know my body is trying to rebuild.

As always happens at times like these, I'll be back on track in a couple of days. No reason to stress out or beat myself up about it!

Other than the cereal and the 3 pieces of bread, and the 1/2 scoop of ice cream, everything else is natural. I've consumed about 7 servings of vegetables and 4 servings of fruit. In addition, I ate peanut butter, almonds and cashews (healthy fat), cottage cheese (low-fat, healthy protein), flaxseed (great for you with lots of fiber and omega-3 fats), egg whites (more low-fat, healthy protein)...all-in-all, a good day!

No comments: